Converting allows you to change one spot asset into another.
Once you’ve passed know-your-customer (KYC) requirements and have deposited cryptocurrency or fiat into your wallet, you can swap your assets for crypto or fiat.
What are examples of convert?
- On FTX.com, there are several places to do a convert.
- On the home page of the website, there is a convert right below the banners.
- On the wallet page, you can find the asset you want to convert to and click the corresponding "CONVERT" button.
- On FTX Pro app, navigate to the wallet tab and click "CONVERT".
- On FTX App, all trades count as a convert.
Let’s try converting BTC to AVAX on FTX.COM.
1. To get started, login to your FTX account and select “Wallet”.
2. Find the asset that you want to convert into, and click on the corresponding “CONVERT” button
3. The value of the cryptocurrency that you want to swap may fluctuate. Click “Refresh Quote” to update your quote and get the true value.
4. Enter the quantity you’d like to convert, then click on “CONVERT” to accept the quote. In this example, you should now have AVAX in your FTX wallet.
There are no fees on conversions. Note that the price quoted will depend on market conditions. You can covert many assets such as FTT, USD, USDT, BTC, ETH, BCH, LTC, and Leveraged tokens.