This is an article on how PnL is calculated for the Battle Royale trading competition.
Traders in Battle Royale will be judged on their Cumulative PnL / Max Investment for the week.
Cumulative PnL = Sum(Snapshotted PnL over all snapshots that week)
Max investment = Max(Max(Snapshotted Investment over all snapshots that week), $200)
Account value = Balances and unrealized PnL
Snapshotted PnL = (change in account value - deposits + withdrawals) since previous snapshot, marked to fair at time of snapshot.
- If it’s the first snapshot of the week, Snapshotted PnL = 0
Snapshotted Investment = Previous snapshot’s Investment + max((Deposits - Withdrawals) marked to fair at the time of the snapshot)
- If it’s the first snapshot of the week, Snapshotted Investment = Account value marked to fair at time of snapshot
- If you deposit funds and don't use them, they will still count towards your investment.
- We snapshot PnL and Investment every minute
- This means that if you deposit less than $200, the PnL formula will treat you as if you had deposited $200.
Stakers in Battle Royale will be judged on the performance of the traders they stake. Their score will be:
Sum(Staked FTT * Staked account's ROI for that hour across each person you staked) / sqrt(total FTT you staked that hour) over all snapshots during the week.
For instance, say you did the following for an hour:
Then your score for that hour would be:
[10% * 100 + 1% * 200 + (-5%) * 120] * sqrt (420)/420≈0.29277
You would then add up your score for every hour of the competition.
A trader's popularity score is sum(sqrt(FTT staked by a specific staker that hour) across all stakers) across all hours that week.
For instance, if you had one person stake 100 FTT, another stake 1000 FTT, and a third stake 10000 FTT, your score would be: sqrt(100)+ sqrt(1000)+ sqrt(10000) = 141.62.
You would then add your score up for every hour of the competition.