On Tuesday, May 31st, at 20:00 EDT (UTC -4) FTX added an additional four VIP and MM fee and rate limit tiers to the VIP/MM program for a total of 7 (MM1-7, VIP1-7). The new tiers will reduce the incremental volume requirement increase between tiers, providing users the opportunity to obtain higher VIP/MM tiers–and therefore higher rate limits, lower taker fees, and higher maker rebates–consistently as they grow their volumes.
|VIP Program||With FTT Holding Discount (more)|
|Tier||30d Volume Requirements||Maker||Taker||15% discount, with $10k worth of FTT||25% discount, with $100k worth of FTT||40% discount, with
$1m worth of FTT
|50% discount & upgrade to VIP4, with $3m worth of FTT|
|VIP1||Total volume 0.1% of exchange volume||0||0.037500%||0.031875%||0.028125%||0.022500%||0.015000%|
|VIP2||Total volume 0.15% of exchange volume||0||0.035000%||0.029750%||0.026250%||0.021000%||0.015000%|
|VIP3||Total volume 0.25% of exchange volume||0||0.032500%||0.027625%||0.024375%||0.019500%||0.015000%|
|VIP4||Total volume 0.5% of exchange volume||0||0.030000%||0.025500%||0.022500%||0.018000%||0.015000%|
|VIP5||Total volume 1% of exchange volume||0||0.028000%||0.023800%||0.021000%||0.016800%||0.015000%|
|VIP6||Total volume 1.5% of exchange volume||0||0.026500%||0.022525%||0.019875%||0.015900%||0.015000%|
|VIP7||Total volume 2.5% of exchange volume||0||0.025000%||0.021250%||0.018750%||0.015000%||0.015000%|
VIPs at FTX receive a number of benefits, including:
1) Lower fees
2) Account manager
4) A direct line with a senior technical support for API questions
5) The ability to provide input to the products that FTX launches
6) FTX customized VIP swag and access to VIP meet-ups
7) Admin whitelisting of withdrawal addresses
8) Historic tick-level order book snapshots (provided on request)
9) Ratelimits on a per subaccount basis, or subteam groupings
10) Ability to transfer positions between subaccounts
11) Unlimited IP whitelisting for optimized REST access endpoints
* If you are interested in FTX VIP and MM program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* VIPs do not generate referral fees from their account, though they can still refer other traders and receive fees for that.
Note: You only need to reach either the tier or the 30d volume threshold. For users who are at least 5% of one-sided volume, or 3% maker volume (or 2x the requirements of VIP7/MM7), the rate limits are 2x the VIP7/MM7 tier. For users who are at least 10% of one-sided volume, 6% maker volume (or 4x the requirements for VIP7/MM7), the ratelimits are 4x the VIP7/MM7 tier.
|Market Maker Program||With FTT Staking Maker Rebate (more)|
|Tier||30d Volume Requirements||Taker||Maker||-0.05bps added,
with 150 FTT staked
with 1000 FTT staked
with 10000 FTT staked
with 50000 FTT staked
|MM1||Maker volume 0.025% of exchange volume||X||-0.0010%||-0.0015%||-0.0020%||-0.0025%||-0.0030%|
|MM2||Maker volume 0.1% of exchange volume||X||-0.0025%||-0.0030%||-0.0035%||-0.0040%||-0.0045%|
|MM3||Maker volume 0.25% of exchange volume||X||-0.0035%||-0.0040%||-0.0045%||-0.0050%||-0.0055%|
|MM4||Maker volume 0.5% of exchange volume||X||-0.0050%||-0.0055%||-0.0060%||-0.0065%||-0.0070%|
|MM5||Maker volume 0.75% of exchange volume||X||-0.0065%||-0.0070%||-0.0075%||-0.0080%||-0.0085%|
|MM6||Maker volume 1% of exchange volume||X||-0.0080%||-0.0085%||-0.0090%||-0.0095%||-0.0100%|
|MM7||Maker volume 1.5% of exchange volume||X||-0.0100%||-0.0100%||-0.0100%||-0.0100%||-0.0100%|
The negative numbers here mean that you receive a maker rebate for providing per each maker trade automatically.
These discounts stack with staked-FTT-based maker rebates, and the final maker rebate capped at -0.01%.
*Note that this will not alter your taker fees; those are whatever they otherwise would be according to the standard fee schedule or VIP program. These maker fees shared in the table above will override whatever your maker fees would otherwise be.
Market Maker Payments
In addition to the above, we will be paying out the following monthly:
- $1.5 million proportional to overall spot and futures maker volume of all market makers across the platform.
- $1k per market for the largest maker in that market by volume for markets that trade over $30k over the month
Note that VIPs still receive fee reductions for holding FTT, and receive extra maker rebate for staking FTT! You can find the FTT schedule here. Note the following:
1) Your taker fee cannot go below 0.015% all things considered.
2) If you have a maker rebate (i.e. you are a Market Maker), FTT will not affect that rebate, but will still decrease your taker fees.
3) If you have staked FTT, you will have extra maker rebate stack with your current maker fee. And maker rebate capped at -0.01%.
- % of exchange volume means % of exchange taker volume--so if you were the taker on every trade and never provided that would be 100%, not 50%.
- FTX reserves the right to interpret, modify, change, or remove these programs at its sole discretion and will review them periodically.
- While the criteria for the programs are public FTX has no requirement to allow specific entities into the programs.