Licensure and Regulation
- FTX Trading Ltd is incorporated in Antigua and Barbuda.
- FTX Digital Markets Ltd, a subsidiary of FTX Trading Ltd, is licensed under The Bahamas' Digital Assets and Registered Exchange Act, 2020 and regulated by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas.
- FTX Trading Ltd owns, through its Gibraltar subsidiary Zubr Exchange Limited, a crypto derivatives exchange licensed by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission as a distributed ledger technology provider.
- FTX provides services to Australian customers via OmiPay Pty Ltd, an AUSTRAC-registered digital currency exchange provider, and FTX Australia Pty Ltd, an Australian Financial Services Licensee.
- FTX Digital Markets Ltd does not currently facilitate users who are from Japan, The Bahamas, Australia, or Singapore; and it does not service trading of tokenized stocks or prediction markets. All other services and users currently are or soon will be facilitated by FTX Digital Markets Ltd.
- FTX Europe's domain is approved through K-DNA Financial Services Ltd., a duly incorporated Investment Firm in Cyprus that is passported to the European Economic Area. FTX is a brand operated by K-DNA Financial Services Ltd. and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, with license number 273/15.
- FTX offers tokenized stock trading in partnership with K-DNA and FTX Switzerland GmbH, utilizing a German license in concert with FTX Trading GmbH. See here for details.
FTX's subsidiary, FTX Switzerland GmbH, can provide financial services and limited custody services. It is registered for AML purposes with SRO Treuhand Suisse and is a member of Finanzombudsstelle Schweiz (FINOS)
FTX's subsidiary, DAAG Certificates GmbH, has an approved base prospectus for various tokenized financial instruments, which is valid in Switzerland and is passported across the EEA.
FTX's subsidiary DAAG Trading, DMCC, is a licensed proprietary trader and swap dealer in the United Arab Emirates.
- FTX's subsidiary, FTX Exchange FZE, is licensed and prudentially supervised as a Virtual Asset Exchange and Clearing House in the United Arab Emirates by the Virtual Asset Regulatory Authority (VARA).
- FTX's subsidiary, FTX Japan Corporation (formerly Quoine Corporation), is licensed as a cryptocurrency exchange business (Cryptocurrency Exchange Business Kanto Finance Bureau Director No. 00002), and a Type 1 Financial Instruments Business by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- FTX's subsidiary, Quoine Pte Ltd, has been granted an exemption from holding a licence under the Singapore Payment Services Act with respect to digital payment token services.
- FTX provides derivatives products and services to South African customers as juristic representative of OVEX FSP (Proprietary) Limited (authorized FSP 50776).
- FTX International is not offered in the United States of America. If you are looking for a US platform, you can go to FTX US, which, along with its subsidiaries, holds Money Transmitter, Money Service Business, Derivatives Clearing Organization, Designated Contract Market, Swap Execution Facility, Broker Dealer, and other licenses in the United States.
- United States:
- FTX does not allow residents of the United States of America to trade on its platform.
- FTT is not offered in the United States of America.
- FTX.US, a separate trading platform not owned by FTX, does operate in the United States, and maintains a variety of US regulatory licenses, including an MSB, MTLs, DCO, DCM, and SEF.
- FTX does not maintain an office in mainland China.
- FTX does not offer RMB trading or access in any way.
- FTX serves all Japanese residents via FTX Japan.
- Restricted Jurisdictions
- FTX does not onboard or provide services to personal accounts of current residents of restricted jurisdictions or corporate accounts of entities established in restricted jurisdictions
- The restricted jurisdictions may include the United States of America, Cuba, Crimea and Sevastopol, Luhansk People's Republic, Donetsk People's Republic, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, and North Korea. FTX also does not onboard any users from Ontario, and FTX does not permit non-professional investors from Hong Kong purchasing certain products. Other jurisdictions may be added to this list.
- Various other services on FTX, potentially including prediction markets, may have further restricted jurisdictions or be restricted to certain users, potentially including Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Canada.
- FTX does not offer derivatives products to users from Brazil.
- FTX does not onboard or provide services to any sanctioned individuals or entities. In addition, FTX does not allow transactions with Russian banks or the Russian Ruble. For more information, see here.
- FTX offers tokenized stock trading in partnership with K-DNA and FTX Switzerland GmbH, utilizing a German license in concert with FTX Trading GmbH. See here for details. See here for details.
- FTX is owned by FTX Trading LTD, a company incorporated in Antigua and Barbuda, and headquartered in the Bahamas as FTX Digital Markets Ltd.
- FTX's market identifier code (MIC) under ISO 10383 is XFTX.
- FTX offers a platform for users to match against each other.
- FTX does not actively trade itself.
- FTX does not use any other exchanges for trading.
- FTX maintains backstop funds to prevent losses or clawbacks
- In its history, FTX has never clawed back legitimate earnings from a user due to liquidations from another user.
Deposits and Withdrawals
- FTX strives to process all deposits and withdrawals promptly; FTX maintains 24/7 withdrawal availability.
- FTX has never had an outage of deposit or withdrawal services.
- Users who deposit to incorrect addresses may lose their funds, though in some cases FTX may be able to recover them for a fee. Please create a request at https://ftx.com/support if you do so.
- FTX has never clawed back or restricted legitimate user funds due to any security issues on its behalf. FTX encourages its customers to make use of the full suite of tools available to protect their accounts, and mandates 2-factor authentication on all active accounts.