Licensure and Regulation
- FTX Trading Ltd is incorporated in Antigua and Barbuda.
- FTX Digital Markets Ltd, a subsidiary of FTX Trading Ltd, is licensed under The Bahamas' Digital Assets and Registered Exchange Act, 2020 and regulated by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas.
- FTX Trading Ltd owns, through its Gibraltar subsidiary Zubr Exchange Limited, a crypto derivatives exchange licensed by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission as a distributed ledger technology provider.
- FTX offers tokenized stock trading in partnership with CM-Equity and DAAG, utilizing a German license in concert with FTX Trading GmbH. See here for details.
- FTX provides services to Australian customers via its wholly-owned subsidiaries Hive Empire Trading Pty Ltd, an AUSTRAC-registered digital currency exchange provider, and IFS Markets Pty Ltd, an Australian Financial Services Licensee.
- FTX Digital Markets Ltd does not currently facilitate users who are from Japan, The Bahamas, Australia, or Singapore; and it does not service trading of tokenized stocks or prediction markets. All other services and users currently are or soon will be facilitated by FTX Digital Markets Ltd.
- United States:
- FTX does not allow residents of the United States of America to trade on its platform.
- FTT is not offered in the United States of America.
- FTX.US, a separate trading platform not owned by FTX, does operate in the United States, and maintains a variety of US regulatory licenses, including an MSB, MTLs, DCO, DCM, and SEF.
- FTX does not maintain an office in mainland China.
- FTX does not offer RMB trading or access in any way.
- Restricted Jurisdictions
- FTX does not onboard or provide services to personal accounts of current residents of restricted jurisdictions or corporate accounts of entities established in restricted jurisdictions
- The restricted jurisdictions may include the United States of America, Cuba, Crimea and Sevastopol, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, and North Korea. FTX also does not onboard any users from Ontario or Japan, or non-professional investors from Hong Kong. Other jurisdictions may be added to this list.
- Various other services on FTX, potentially including prediction markets, may have further restricted jurisdictions or be restricted to certain users, potentially including Hong Kong, Singapore, and Canada.
- FTX offers tokenized stock trading in partnership with CM-Equity and DAAG, utilizing a German license. See here for details.
- FTX is owned by FTX Trading LTD, a company incorporated in Antigua and Barbuda, and headquartered in the Bahamas as FTX Digital Markets Ltd.
- FTX offers a platform for users to match against each other.
- FTX does not actively trade itself.
- FTX does not use any other exchanges for trading.
- FTX maintains backstop funds to prevent losses or clawbacks
- In its history, FTX has never clawed back legitimate earnings from a user due to liquidations from another user.
Deposits and Withdrawals
- FTX strives to process all deposits and withdrawals promptly; FTX maintains 24/7 withdrawal availability.
- FTX has never had an outage of deposit or withdrawal services.
- Users who deposit to incorrect addresses may lose their funds, though in some cases FTX may be able to recover them for a fee. Please create a request at https://ftx.com/support if you do so.
- FTX has never clawed back or restricted legitimate user funds due to any security issues on its behalf. FTX encourages its customers to make use of the full suite of tools available to protect their accounts, and mandates 2-factor authentication on all active accounts.