- None of this is investment advice.
- Much of the below analysis ignores any difference between futures and spot prices, and ignores the effects of fees. General terms are often used for concepts like lumber and difficulty for ease of understanding without always specifying how they are measured. It also generally assumes that all transactions happened at theoretical prices.
- Users should trade Lumber Futures at their own risk.
- Like other futures on FTX, there is liquidation risk for Lumber Futures.
- Lumber Futures, like the rest of FTX, are not being offered to US users.
What are Lumber futures and what do they expire to?
FTX's 08/12 Lumber futures expire to the Producer Price Index by Commodity: Lumber and Wood Products: Softwood Lumber for July 2021, as published here on or after August 12th, 8:30am ET.
You must be at least KYC level 1. The following jurisdictions are prohibited:
The standard prohibited jurisdictions for FTX, Canada, Hong Kong, The United Kingdom, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Cambodia, Members of the European Union, Turkey, China, and others.
How do margin and fees work?
Margin and fees work exactly as they do for standard futures on FTX.
The specific parameters for this contract are:
Tick Size: $0.05
Quantity Step: 0.001
IMF Factor: 0.01
Position Limit Weight: 20
FTX Telegram Communities
English - https://t.me/FTX_Official
Chinese - https://t.me/FTX_Chinese_Official
Vietnamese - https://t.me/FTX_Vietnam_Official
Russian - https://t.me/FTX_Russian_Official
Turkish - https://t.me/FTX_Turkey_official
Taiwanese - https://t.me/FTX_Taiwan_Official
French - https://t.me/FTX_France_Officiel
Korea - https://t.me/FTX_Korea_Official
India - https://t.me/FTX_India_Official
Spanish - https://t.me/Ftx_Spanish_Official
Portuguese - https://t.me/FTX_Portuguese_Official
Dutch - https://t.me/FTX_Dutch_Official
WeChat - FTX_Official
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ftx.official/
SBF Twitter - https://twitter.com/SBF_Alameda
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3r0upC_xJ9SvtaCKNUtosA